Teacher Development Online Renaissance Module
The Teacher Development Renaissance module will be offered in an online format on Tuesday afternoons 8/6, 8/13, 8/20, 8/27 and 9/3 from 3-5 pm ET.
The Teacher Development Renaissance module is an online learning experience comprised of five two-hour webinars with reading and other assignments for each session. Credit will be offered for full participation in the module. Full participation includes:
- Online attendance and active participation in five two-hour sessions.
- Reading and reflection to prepare for each session.
- Responses to Reflection Questions on the Discussion Forum after each session.
- Submission of final evaluation within a week of the ending of the module.
Goals of the Module
The overall goals of this module are:
- To reflect on religious education philosophy and relate that philosophy to the faith development of teachers.
- To participate in a community of religious educators through study, worship, creating, and networking.
- To gain an understanding of teachers’ contributions and needs.
- To increase understanding of child development and its relationship to teaching and learning.
- To understand issues related to safety and ethics.
- To explore and develop strategies for recruitment, support, appreciation, and recognition of volunteers.