Date & time:
Teacher Development Online Renaissance Module
The Teacher Development Renaissance module will be offered in an online format on Tuesday afternoons 3/3, 3/10, 3/17, 3/24, and 3/31 from 12:30 - 2:30 p.m. ET.
The Teacher Development Renaissance module is an online learning experience comprised of five two-hour webinars with reading and other assignments for each session. Credit will be offered for full participation in the module. Full participation includes:
- Online attendance at each of the five two-hour sessions;
- Reading and reflection to prepare for each session;
- Responses to Reflection Questions on the Discussion Forum after each session;
- Submission of final evaluation within a week of the ending of the module.
Goals of the Module
The overall goals of this module are:
- To reflect on religious education philosophy and relate that philosophy to the faith development of teachers;
- To participate in a community of religious educators through study, worship, creating, and networking;
- To gain understanding of teachers’ contributions and needs;
- To increase understanding of child development and its relationship to teaching and learning;
- To understand issues related to safety and ethics;
- To explore and develop strategies for recruitment, support, appreciation and recognition of volunteers; and
- To work together to develop a sample teacher development program.