Curriculum Planning Online Renaissance Module
Type of event: Training
The Curriculum Planning Renaissance module will be offered in an online format on Mondays Feb 4, 11, 25, March 4, and 11, 2019 from 4:30 – 6:30 pm Eastern. The module will be led by Sara Lewis (olydre [at] gmail [dot] com) and Tracy Beck (dre [at] ucdsm [dot] org). Registration is limited to 15 participants and the fee is $175, payable at the time of registration by credit card only. The registration deadline is Jan 21, 2019.
The Curriculum Planning Renaissance module is an online learning experience comprised of five two-hour webinars with reading and other assignments for each session. Credit will be offered for full participation in the module. Full participation includes:
- Online attendance and active participation at five two-hour sessions
- Reading and reflection to prepare for each session
- Responses to Reflection Questions on the Discussion Forum after each session.
- Submission of final evaluation within a week of the ending of the module.
Goals of the Module
The overall goals of this module are:
- To clarify and expand understanding of curriculum, religious education, and faith development.
- To learn about Tapestry of Faith as a core UU curricular resource; how to adapt and use it with various models and many different contexts for lifespan faith development. Additionally, learning about other curriculum sources and where to find them.
- To understand the curriculum planning process and consider strategies to use the process effectively in one’s own congregation.
- To learn how to use curriculum choices and implementation to foster inclusive, multicultural, and multigenerational faith communities.
In order to access module materials, participants must have or create a UUA profile name. On UUA.org, click on “create account” at the top right and follow instructions on the page. If you have already participated in an online module, use the profile name you have already created. No later than two weeks before the module begins, email the module leaders with your profile name to be added to the group and begin the preparation required before the first session.
The webinar platform is Zoom, which you can download from Zoom. The module requires the use of a computer with internet connection and a video camera.