Philosophy of Religious Education Online Renaissance Module - THIS MODULE IS NOW FULL.
Type of event: Training
The Philosophy of RE Renaissance module will be offered in an online format on Tuesday evenings Jan 8, 15, 22, 29 and Feb 5 from 7-9 pm Eastern. The module will be led by Austen Petersen (austen [dot] petersen [at] gmail [dot] com) and Michelle Richards (richards [dot] michelle [at] outlook [dot] com).
Registration is limited to 15 participants and the fee is $175, payable at the time of registration by credit card only. The registration deadline is Dec 21, 2018.
The Philosophy of RE Renaissance module is an online learning experience comprised of five two-hour webinars with reading and other assignments for each session. Credit will be offered for full participation in the module. Full participation includes:
- Online attendance and active participation at five two-hour sessions
- Reading and reflection to prepare for each session
- Responses to Reflection Questions on the Discussion Forum after each session.
- Submission of final evaluation within a week of the ending of the module.
Goals of the Module
The overall goals of this module are:
- Increased knowledge of foundational questions of religious education: what, when, who, where, how, and why.
- Increased ability to articulate one’s own religious faith and religious education philosophy.
- Increased clarity about the purposes of lifespan religious education.
- Increased comfort and competence in sharing a philosophy of religious education with teachers and parents.
- Increased comfort and competence applying new knowledge, worship processes, and educational awareness in the congregation.
In order to access module materials, participants must have or create a UUA profile name. On UUA.org, click on “create account” at the top right and follow instructions on the page. If you have already participated in an online module, use the profile name you have already created. No later than two weeks before the module begins, email the module leaders with your profile name to be added to the group and begin the preparation required before the first session.
The webinar platform is Zoom, which you can download from Zoom. The module requires the use of a computer with internet connection and a video camera.