Type of event: Training
The UU Identity Renaissance module
The UU Identity Renaissance module is an online learning experience comprised of five two-hour webinars with reading and other assignments for each session. Credit will be offered for full participation in the module. Full participation includes:
- Online attendance at five two-hour sessions
- Reading and reflection to prepare for each session
- Responses to Reflection Questions on the Discussion Forum after each session.
- Submission of final evaluation within a week of the ending of the module.
Goals of the Module
The overall goals of this module are:
- To gain an understanding of identity as a process of development across the lifespan which unfolds through an interplay of heritage, culture, and lived experiences
- To learn how this process unfolds in youth raised as Unitarian Universalists and persons who came to the faith later in life
- To identify ways to foster the process, specifically among Religious Education participants and generally among congregants
- To explore the Unitarian Universalist Principles and Sources as part of identity development.