Adult Faith Development Online Renaissance module
Type of event: Training
Sponsor: Central East Region of the UUA
The Adult Faith Development module will be offered online on Thursdays Jan 10 and 24, Feb 7 and 21, and Mar 7 from 1-3 p.m. Eastern. The module will be led by Pat Infante and Linnea Nelson. Registration is limited to 15 participants and the fee is $175. The registration deadline is Jan 7th. Register here.
Welcome to the Adult Faith Development Hybrid Renaissance module, an online learning experience comprised of five two-hour webinars, with reading and other assignments for each session. Credit will be offered for full participation in the module. Full participation includes:
- Online attendance and active participation in five two-hour sessions
- Reading and reflection to prepare for each session
- Responses on the Discussion Forum before and after each session and the completion of a project.
- Submission of final evaluation within a week of the ending of the module.
This module will:
- Model good practices in adult faith development programming
- Present information about the characteristics of adult learners
- Demonstrate and provide practice in the application of learning theory to congregational life and adult faith development programming
- Connect adult programming and faith development to building multiracial, multicultural, multigenerational beloved congregational community
- Consider ways in which adult programming balances opportunities both for mixing with those of other perspectives and life experiences and for huddling with those who share similar life experiences and perspectives
- Consider the contemporary cultural context and its impact on programming and congregational life and explore strategies for responding effectively
- Provide and demonstrate practical tools for planning and supporting adult programming in Unitarian Universalist faith communities
- Present the philosophy and approach of Tapestry of Faith, provide details about adult programming, and provide an opportunity for sharing experiences with Tapestry of Faith
- Offer opportunities for deeper exploration of big-picture issues in adult learning and programming
The preferred webinar platform is Zoom, which you can download from Zoom.
Use laptop or computer with headset (not ear buds) and camera (does not work as well from iPad); have phone handy in case you need to call in instead of using computer audio.
Create your UUA profile name: Go to UUA.org and click on “create account” at the top right and follow instructions on the page. Once you’ve gotten the confirmation, email the leaders with your profile name to be added to the group. To access the module online, log in with your UUA profile, and follow the link provided.