Event format: Online
Date & time:
Type of event: Training
The Administration as Leadership Renaissance Module will be offered in an online format on Wednesdays, Sept 22, 29, Oct 6, 13, and 20, 4-6pm PT / 5-7pm MT / 6-8pm CT / 7-9pm ET. The module will be led by Andrea Lerner and Jess Hunt. Registration is limited to 15 participants and the learning valued at $250 with sliding scale, grant, and payment plan options available. More details are included on the registration form linked below. The registration deadline is September 8.
The Administration as Leadership Renaissance Module is an online learning experience comprised of five two-hour webinars with reading and other assignments for each session. Credit will be offered for full participation in the module. Full participation includes:
- Online attendance at five two-hour sessions
- Reading and reflection to prepare for each session
- Responses to Reflection Questions on the Discussion Forum after each session.
- Submission of final evaluation within a week of the ending of the module.
Goals of the Module
The overall goals of this module are:
- To set the administrative duties in the context of the larger portfolio of religious education leadership
- To appreciate the importance of strong organizational and management skills in administration
- To survey effective means for educating, engaging and appreciating those who share in faith development
- To explore strategies for healthy communication, decision making and delegation.
The webinar platform is Zoom, which you can download from Zoom.
In order register and access module materials, participants must have or create a UUA profile name. On UUA's website, click on “create account” at the top right and follow instructions on the page. If you have already participated in an online module, use the profile name you have already created. You must provide your profile name to be added to the group and begin the preparation required before the first session.