Administration as Leadership Online Renaissance module – Group A **THIS MODULE IS NOW FULL**
Type of event: Training
The Administration as Leadership Renaissance module will be offered in an online format on Thursday afternoons 9/27, 10/4, 10/11, 10/18, 10/25 from 4-6 pm ET . The module will be led by Michelle Bishop and Katy Siepert. Registration is limited to 10 participants and the fee is $175. The registration deadline is 9/4/18.
The Administration as Leadership Renaissance module is an online learning experience comprised of 5 two-hour webinars with reading and other assignments for each session. Credit will be offered for full participation in the module. Full participation includes:
- Online attendance at 5 two-hour sessions
- Reading and reflection to prepare for each session
- Responses to Reflection Questions on the Discussion Forum after each session.
- Submission of final evaluation within a week of the ending of the module.
Goals of the Module
The overall goals of this module are:
- To set the administrative duties in the context of the larger portfolio of religious education leadership
- To appreciate the importance of strong organizational and management skills in administration
- To survey effective means for educating, engaging and appreciating those who share in faith development
- To explore strategies for healthy communication, decision making and delegation.
- The reader for this module is the packet of handouts.
The webinar platform is Zoom, which you can download from Zoom. The module requires the use of a computer with internet connection and a video camera. Participants must also create a UUA profile name in order to access the learning site:
- On UUA.org, click on “create account” at the top right and follow instructions on the page. If you already have a user name from a previous online module, please use that.
- No later than one week before the module begins, email the Renaissance Office renaissance [at] uua [dot] org with your profile name to be added to the group; include the module name in the subject line.