Professional Interim Training
Twice a year, the UUA Office of Church Staff Finances hosts a seven-week, online interim training for professional staff in congregations. This is a great course to take as a team!
Staff will find this training useful if:
- they are serving, or preparing to serve, in an interim capacity.
- they are, or will be, working with an interim minister.
- they want to look at their current work and context with fresh eyes, especially during times of change.
Professional Interim Training:
- introduces a variety of leadership and change models.
- equips staff in the essential areas of congregational systems and staff relations.
- grounds staff in the tasks of the interim process.
- provides practical tools and resources for interim work.
Testimonials from Recent Participants
- "I wish our entire congregation could take this course! I'm not kidding."
- "An informative, engaging way to learn, meet new people, and find out how interim work affects congregants and staff."
- "This course helped me understand developmental ministry in a way I have been needing and wanting."
- "I have a better idea how to talk about change and help our congregation focus their energy, even when it stems from anxiety."
- "As we begin an interim ministry, I have a general sense of excitement and engagement with the interim process, replacing my sense of impending doom. Thank you!"
- "I loved how useful it was -- not only to people who are in the role of interim professionals but also to those who are going through a transition on their staff team."
- "This was an incredible process and I know it will have great impact on my future ministry!"
For More Information
This seven-week training is offered in the spring and the fall. The application deadline for the Spring 2020 session is February 12. (If spaces remain, a late fee will be charged thereafter.) The four required webinars for this session will take place on Monday evenings at 7pm ET on March 2, March 16, March 30, and April 20.
General information about course content, schedule, cost, and time commitment can be found on the first page of the Professional Interim Training Application Form. (This is the 2019 form. There will be minor adjustments for 2020.) Questions can be directed to comp [at] uua [dot] org.