Professional Interim Training
Twice a year, the UUA Office of Church Staff Finances hosts a seven-week, online interim training for professional staff in congregations. This a great course to take as a team!
Staff will find this training useful if:
- they are serving, or preparing to serve, in an interim capacity.
- they are, or will be, working with an interim minister.
- they want to look at their current work and context with fresh eyes, especially during times of change.
Professional Interim Training:
- introduces a variety of leadership and change models.
- equips staff in the essential areas of congregational systems and staff relations.
- grounds staff in the tasks of the interim process.
- provides practical tools and resources for interim work.
Testimonials from Recent Participants
- "I wish our entire congregation could take this course! I'm not kidding."
- "An informative, engaging way to learn, meet new people, and find out how interim work affects congregants and staff."
- "This course helped me understand developmental ministry in a way I have been needing and wanting."
- "I have a better idea how to talk about change and help our congregation focus their energy, even when it stems from anxiety."
- "As we begin an interim ministry, I have a general sense of excitement and engagement with the interim process, replacing my sense of impending doom. Thank you!"
- "I loved how useful it was -- not only to people who are in the role of interim professionals but also to those who are going through a transition on their staff team."
- "This was an incredible process and I know it will have great impact on my future ministry!"
For More Information
This seven-week training is offered in the spring and the fall. The Opening Webinar for the Fall 2019 session is scheduled for Monday, September 16, at 7pm ET. There are four required webinars throughout the course, all held on Monday evenings (ET).
General information about course content, schedule, cost, and time commitment can be found on the first page of the Professional Interim Training Application Form. Questions can be directed to comp [at] uua [dot] org.