Professional Interim Training
Twice a year, the UUA Office of Church Staff Finances hosts a seven-week, online interim training for professional staff in congregations. This a great course to take as a team!
Staff will find this training useful if:
- they are serving, or preparing to serve, in an interim capacity.
- they are, or will be, working with an interim minister.
- they want to look at their current work and context with fresh eyes, especially during times of change.
Professional Interim Training:
- introduces a variety of leadership and change models.
- equips staff in the essential areas of congregational systems and staff relations.
- grounds staff in the tasks of the interim process.
- provide practical tools and resources for interim work.
Testimonials from Recent Participants
- "I wish our entire congregation could take this course! I'm not kidding."
- "An informative, engaging way to learn, meet new people, and find out how interim work affects congregants and staff."
- "This course helped me understand developmental ministry in a way I have been needing and wanting."
- "I have a better idea how to talk about change and help our congregation focus their energy, even when it stems from anxiety."
- "As we begin an interim ministry, I have a general sense of excitement and engagement with the interim process, replacing my sense of impending doom. Thank you!"
- "I loved how useful it was -- not only to people who are in the role of interim professionals but also to those who are going through a transition on their staff team."
- "This was an incredible process and I know it will have great impact on my future ministry!"
For More Information
The next session of Professional Interim Training begins on March 18, 2019 (with some pre-work beforehand) and ends the week of April 29. Required webinars will be held on Monday evenings, March 18, and April 1, 8, and 29 at 7:00 ET.
General information about course content, schedule, cost, and time commitment can be found on the first page of the Professional Interim Training Application Form. Applications are due February 22. (If spaces remain, a late fee is applied after this date.) Questions can be directed to PIT4UUA [at] gmail [dot] com. (UUA host Jan Gartner and facilitators Lily Rappaport and Deb Weiner share this email. Jan is on sabbatical from December 21 through February 12.)