Short-term Ministerial Training Opportunities for UU Seminarians
Ministerial Training Opportunity for UU Seminarians—London
The London district of Unitarian Churches (UK) is seeking qualified Unitarian Universalist (UU) seminarians interested in providing short-term supervised ministerial services to London-area congregations. UU seminarians in Candidacy with the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) are invited to apply for this opportunity. Preference will be given to applicants who have successfully completed other ministerial field education and CPE units.
The term of service is between 3 and 12 months. The London District will provide the seminarian with housing in East London—or alternative accommodation nearer to the congregation—as well as a small stipend to be agreed. Supervision will be provided by local Unitarian ministers who are in Fellowship with the UUA. All other expenses are the responsibility of the seminarian.
For more information about specific opportunities with London-area congregations, please contact the UUA’s International Resources Office.
- Complete an application form (Word) (PDF) and submit it to the UUA’s Director of International Resources no later than 120 days before you are available for service.
- The application must include an essay explaining your interest in this opportunity, your preparedness for an international ministerial experience, and how you expect this experience to inform your training for ministry.
- All candidates must include a letter of recommendation from an academic advisor and a minister in Final Fellowship with the Unitarian Universalist Association.
- All application requests must be complete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The UUA will recommend qualified candidates to the London District for consideration and placement.
- Applicants will be provided at least 90 days notice before a placement begins, terms negotiable
Program participants will be in the position of representing Unitarian Universalism while they are providing ministerial services in the UK and must be prepared to fulfill this responsibility effectively.
Within one month of returning from their visit, program participants must submit a report about their experience suitable for publication to the UUA’s Director of International Resources and their academic advisor.
For more information contact email@example.com.