Developed by Rev. Rick Hoyt-McDaniels and Rev. Tera Little
Invite students, interns, and ministers (especially vocational advisors). Design your program based on student needs.
5:00 pm—Arrive, move in
7:00 pm—Opening worship
8:00 pm—Overview of In Care program
- Planning team or steering committee members
- Project facilitator and role description
- Student liaison and role description
- Brief description of vocational advisors program
- Student leadership and role description
- Student and minister gatherings planned for the year
- Testimonials from students who have been in the program and how it has benefited them
8:30 pm—What do you want out of this time together?
10:15 am—Small group conversation- topic from Student and Minister Gatherings list
11:30 am—Break, Lunch Prep
12:00 pm—Lunch. Offer table topics, or invite participants to use the time for rest and rejuvenation.
2:00 pm—Ask the Ministers Panel
3:45 p.m .—Small group conversation- topic from Student and Minister Gatherings list
5:00 pm—Break and dinner prep
7:15 pm—Small group conversation- topic from Student and Minister Gatherings list
Before 10:00 am—Breakfast, pack
10:15 am—Time to discuss issues that arose during the retreat
11:3 am—Closing worship or ritual
12:00 pm—Lunch and departure