You Are Here
Benefit Details for Life/AD&D Insurance
The Unitarian Universalist Group Insurance Plan's (UUGIP) group term life insurance policy has a face value of 200 percent of annual salary (salary plus housing allowance in the case of ordained clergy), up to a maximum of $200,000 (this is an increase from the prior maximum of $150,000).
In order to adjust for actuarial risk, the amount of coverage at:
- age 65 is 65% of the original amount.
- age 70 the benefit payable is 50% of the original amount.
Premiums are adjusted accordingly.
Life insurance premiums may be waived if the policyholder is disabled for longer than nine months, according to the criteria in the Life/AD&D certificate booklet.
An enrolled employee may elect coverage for their dependents as follows:
- A flat $10,000 policy may be selected for the spouse/partner of the enrolled employee for $4.00/month.
- A flat $5,000 policy ($1,000 for children under 6 months of age) may be selected for the children of the enrolled employee for $2.00/month.
- To enroll the spouse/partner and all dependent family members at coverage noted just above, the premium is $5.00/month.
- Any new dependents born, adopted or married after the initial date of coverage must be added within 30 days or will only be allowed to enroll by submitting medical evidence of eligibility for approval by Guardian Underwriting.
- Please inform us in writing by emailing InsurancePlans [at] uua [dot] org if any dependentspouse/partner ceases to be eligible due to divorce, or a dependent child marries, reaches age 22 or age 25 if a full time student.
- Life/AD&D Benefit Highlights (PDF)
- Guardian Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Updated Benefits Kit (PDF)