Fair Compensation for Congregations
So much of our faith and mission is based in our care for others; we start with our own congregations to ensure that all UU-based staff can provide for themselves and those close to them. The 1995 Unitarian Universalist General Assembly (GA) called upon congregations to provide fair compensation, including benefits, to all staff. Congregations of all sizes have done so, and are formalizing procedures and implementing best employment practices as they recognize the importance of being a responsible employer and encourage others to move toward that goal.
Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA)-trained volunteers are available to consult with congregations regarding fair compensation and other issues. Volunteer to serve as a generalist or specialist consultant. Read more about location and contact information for the ompensation consultants (PDF).
The updated Geo Indices can be found here: geo_indices_list.pdf
- Fair Compensation Guidelines, updated for 2014 (PDF, 7 pages)
- UUA Salary Recommendations
- Complete the Self-Assessment Worksheet (PDF) to determine if your congregation is a Fair Compensation Congregation.
- Levels of Fair Compensation Congregations: Leadership, Practicing or Committed
- Standardized job descriptions for congregational positions, like Senior Minister, Religious Educator, or Business Administrator.
- Minister's FICA
- Offering Insurance (Health Insurance and Group Insurance Plans)
- Retirement Plan
- Vacation Policy
- Professional Expenses
- Continuing Education Policy
- Personnel Policy
- Are you a transitioning minister who needs to transfer benefits to a new congregation?
- Do you need to calculate ministerial compensation (Excel) (PDF)?
- Do you need additional information?
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.