2019-2020 Youth Ministry Advisor Trainings
Save the Dates! Youth Ministry Training Opportunities 2019-2020
Read on for descriptions of three ways to deepen your youth ministry or bring deeper training to your volunteers: one live streamed training for your whole team in September, a six month series of flipped classroom webinars, and a small group ministry program for those committed to all six webinars.
The vision behind all three of these is to reach more adults in youth ministry, not just with content, but with relationship deepening opportunities where we learn from each other and prioritize care of our spirits.
Registration will open in July of 2019, so check back later for more details!
Youth Ministry Reboot
September 14, 2019
12pm-5pm Eastern/11am-4pm Central/10am-3pm Mountain/9am-2pm Pacific
This is a team-learning centered program to start up your youth ministry year. Attend as a team at the UUA Headquarters, attend as a team online gathered in your congregation, even organize with your cluster so several teams can be together!
- Get your newest volunteers ready to serve, and deepen the learning for continuing volunteers
- Get grounded in a vision for healthy youth-adult partnership
- Focus on Safety and Mission
Introduction to shifts in youth ministry
Flipped Classroom Youth Advisor Training!
This will be a year long series of webinars offering deeper training for paid and volunteer youth advisors. Each month you will receive a video and sometimes a short reading to prepare you for the webinar. We will use our online gathering time for updates in the area of focus, guest appearances, discussion of questions participants bring from the reading, and break out groups for case studies. This format will let us go deep into one area each month to build your skills and capacity!
- October 10th 8pm Eastern: Being a healthy adult in partnership with youth.
- November 14th 8pm Eastern: Safety in Youth Ministry
- January 9th 8pm Eastern: Pastoral Care to/with Youth
- February 13th 8pm Eastern: Inclusive Youth Ministry part 1
- March 12 8pm Eastern: Inclusive Youth Ministry part 2
- April 16th 8pm Eastern: Multigenerational Youth Ministry
Sign up for a year long program including all 6 webinars plus an online small group ministry. We often hear from youth advisors is that it’s hard for them to find ways to feed their souls. And yet, we know youth need adults who are spiritually fed! These online sessions will be professionally facilitated and give participants a way to form deep relationships with others in youth ministry while feeding their souls.