Social Justice Statements
As an expression of our faith and values, the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) takes positions on relevant issues of social justice. Our positions are discerned via the social witness process, as shepherded by the Commission on Social Witness. Grounded in these social witness statements, the UUA will sign on to letters and amicus briefs in coalition with other faith and social justice organizations, magnifying our impact in the larger world.
Sign-on Letters and Amicus Briefs
In partnership with other faith and justice organizations and coalitions, the Unitarian Universalist Association signs on to other public statements of position that align with our social witness statements and priorities. Letters to public officials, open statements, shareholder letters, and amicus briefs are an important way we live our values. Access all sign-on statements.
Social Witness Statements
Search our collection of Unitarian Universalist Social Witness Statements (updated annually). Enter keywords or phrases to search titles or page text.
- Immigration, International Human Rights & Justice, Racial Justice & Multicultural Ministries
- LGBTQ Welcome & Equality, Anti-Oppression
- Religious & Civil Liberties
- Racial Justice & Multicultural Ministries, Anti-Racism
- Anti-Racism, Racial Justice, UUA Governance & Management