Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act
The UUA is deeply committed to working to create a more welcoming world for people of all abilities. Through a close partnership with EqUUal Access, the UUA and UU congregations are developing innovative ways to be even more accessible and welcoming.
The anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act is a time to reflect on this important work. How is your congregation or community making a welcome space for people of different abilities?
Resources and Ways to Get Involved
- Find great resources on our website.
- Visit EqUUal Access for even more knowledge sharing, support, and action.
- Conduct a worship service dedicated to accessibility using worship resources from EqUUal Access.
- Learn more about the Accessibility and Inclusion Ministry (AIM) credentialing program, a joint program of EqUUal Access and the UUA that offers congregations an opportunity to be formally recognized for their commitment to inclusion.
- Read Enabling Acts, which tells the powerful hidden story of how the Americans with Disabilities Act became law, published by Beacon Press.
- Sign the ADA Pledge.