About Thrive@GA Coordinators
The Thrive Young Adult@GA Coordinator and Thrive Youth@GA Coordinator support youth and young adults of color (People of African Descent, Caribbean, Native/American Indian, Asian and Pacific Islander, Latina/o and Hispanic, Middle Eastern/Arab, and Multiracial) at GA and serve as fully-funded volunteer staff at the Unitarian Universalist Association’s 56th General Assembly on June 21-25, 2017 in New Orleans, LA.
To apply to be the Thrive Young Adult @GA Coordinator, you must be a young adult age 18-35. To apply to be the Thrive Youth@GA Coordinator, you must be a high school aged youth.
Apply here! Application opens November 1st and closes December 1st.
You will need to fill out some general information, give us the contact information for two references, and answer some brief essay questions. You may wish to download the application PDF (11 pages) to find the essay questions that relate to the position(s) you wish to apply for and write your answers before starting the online application form. You may also apply for positions with YA@GA and Youth Caucus, if applicable. You may only be selected for one GA staff position, however. Selection is done by the staff in the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministries.
- Work with the YA@GA Co-Facilitators, Youth Caucus staff and the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministries before GA, primarily through email and monthly video calls, to collaborate on programming, including informal programs, that will build community among UU youth and young adults of color, deepen the spiritual life of UU youth and young adults of color and connect UU youth and young adults of color to a wider community of UUs of color.
- Host our annual lunches for UU youth and young adults of color at GA.
- Communicate with UU youth and young adults about GA-related racial justice work including workshops, public witness events, business resolutions, elections and other conversations.
- Advocate for the needs of UU youth and young adults of color at GA.
- Using social media, the GA app and emails to registered UU youth and young adults of color, increase channels of communication and foster virtual connections between UU youth and young adults of color, Diverse Revolutionary UU Multicultural Ministries, Black Lives of UU, UUA staff, and others, before and at GA.
- Care about the spiritual and community lives of young UUs of color at GA!
- The Thrive Young Adult@GA Coordinator and Thrive Youth@GA coordinators should plan for about 4-6 hours of work per month between January - June, as well as to be on the ground at General Assembly June 20-25th.