Series 8 Downloads
The Wayside Pulpit has a long tradition of being a "message" on the bulletin boards outside of many churches of all denominations.
In an effort to make the Wayside Pulpit more accessible to our congregations, we are offering the latest series, Series 8, in a poster format as PDF files you can print for your congregation.
The 24 quotes below are in a 40 x 28-inch format. To print the poster full size, you may need to take it to a local copy shop, such as a Kinkos, that can handle oversized black and white printing. The average copy shop will charge approximately $1 per square foot. The posters are approximately 8 square feet so each poster would be around $8.
To print each poster, download the PDF from the link next to each quote, copy it onto a disk, bring it to the copy shop and ask for oversized black and white printing. Some copy shops can accept the file in an email, or may download the PDF directly from this website if you provide them with the URL (website address).
If you would like to print the posters in a smaller format, open the file in Acrobat, select the fit to paper option in page scaling on the first print dialog box. If your Acrobat does not allow automatic scaling, you can enter the amount to scale the poster when printing. To fit a standard letter-size sheet the scaling would be 27%.
The following documents are in PDF format.
- What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
- There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
- Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.
- Be not afraid of growing slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.
- Pray for the dead. Fight like hell for the living.
- Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
- Nature never did betray the heart that loved her.
- Love is a growing up.
- Because I have been athirst, I will dig a well that others may drink.
- Forgiveness is the final form of love.
- Our growing thought makes growing revelation.
- Love is a faith, and one faith leads to another.
—Henri Frederic Amiel
- The universe will reward you for taking risks on its behalf.
- An idea is salvation by imagination.
—Frank Lloyd Wright
- The only joy in the world is to begin.
- Time does not change us. It just unfolds us.
- As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.
—Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- We are all geniuses when we dream.
—E. M. Cioran
- Live out of your imagination, not your history.
—Stephen R. Covey
- Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
—Martin Luther King
- The greatest gift you can give another is the purity of your attention.
- If I can't dance, it's not my revolution.
- It is courage the world needs, not infallibility.
- Ambitious people climb, but faithful people build.
—Julia Ward Howe
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.