Congregations and Beyond Consultation February 2012
On February 1st through 3rd, the Rev. Terasa Cooley, Director of Congregational Life, facilitated a brainstorming meeting in Orlando, Florida.
We explored some of the strategies we might pursue toward this new vision of Congregations and Beyond. The meeting included a collection of people doing some of the most innovative work in this direction in a multitude of ways.
The following people attended the Orlando Meeting:
- Rev. Naomi King: involved in digital ministry and faith community development with historically under served peoples through City of Refuge Ministries
- Rev. Nate Walker: First Unitarian Church of Philadelphia.
- Rev. Jeanne Pupke: Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Trustee-at-Large and First Unitarian Universalist (UU) Church of Richmond, VA
- Rev. Meg Riley: Minister, Church of the Larger Fellowship
- Rev. Sarah Moldenhauer-Salazar: Starr King alumn and now at Pacific School of Religion’s Doctorate of Ministry program
- Peter Bowden: an independent consultant engaged in growth consultant for the Ballou Channing District of the UUA.
- Rev. John Crestwell: Minister, Davies Memorial Unitarian Universalist Church, Camp Springs, MD
- Heather Concannon: Chaplain at Brigham & Women's Hospital and founder of Lucy Stone Coop, Roxbury, MA
- Rev. Rick Hoyt: minister at First Church, Los Angeles
- Rev. Marjorie Matty: focused on my online ministry. Over the last five years I have realized that 95% of all visitors to First Universalist have found their way to us via a search on Google.
- Rev. Joanna Crawford: the intern minister for the CLF, where we have been doing online weekly worship services since September and recently launched a new website, questformeaning.org
- Rev. Christine Robinson: the minister of First Unitarian for 23 years and has seen that congregation grow from 400 to 800 members during that time
Joining them from the UUA:
- Rev. Peter Morales: President
- Rev. Harlan Limpert: Vice President of Ministries and Congregational Support
- Rev. Alicia Forde: Program Coordinator, Multicultural Growth and Witness
- Carey McDonald: Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries
- Kayla Parker: Campus Ministry Associate
- Rev. Stefan Jonasson: Director of Growth Strategies and Large Congregation Development
- Rev. Phil Lund:Director of Faith Development and Congregational Growth for the Prairie Star District of the UUA
- Dan Furmansky: manager of the UUA's Standing on the Side of Love campaign
- Katrina Bergmann: Director of Donor Relations
For more information contact conglife @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Tuesday, May 15, 2012.