How We Assist One Another
The Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations (UUA) helps congregations grow and thrive:
- We work with congregations to find qualified religious professionals and assist with leadership transitions.
- We develop lifespan religious education curricula and continuing education programs for religious educators.
- We provide resources for lay leaders, such as the InterConnections newsletter. Skinner House Books publishes meditation manuals and other titles of interest to Unitarian Universalists (UUs). Members receive the UU World magazine.
- Our Bookstore offers books, pamphlets, RE curricula, audio, visual and other materials.
- We sponsor more than 300 email lists and a resource-rich website.
- Our youth, young adult, and campus programs help congregations attract younger members.
- We offer resources and support for congregations as they become anti-racist, anti-oppressive, multicultural, and welcoming.
- We make available fundraising consultation, building grant and loan programs, and size-specific workshops on planning for growth.
- The Unitarian Universalist Funding Program promotes the influence of UU principles through grantmaking.
- With Umbrella Giving, we help individuals plan gifts to the UU institutions of their choice.
- We help start new congregations and work with district and local leaders to provide resources as they grow. We also support new congregations growing out of local energy.
- We provide hospitality, belonging and media resources on our website.