4.1 Unity of Control: UUA Governance Manual
Only officially passed motions of the Board are binding on the President.
- Decisions or instructions of individual Trustees, officers, or committees are not binding on the President except in rare instances when the Board has specifically authorized such exercise of authority.
- In the case of Trustees or committees requesting information or assistance without Board authorization, the President can refuse such requests that require, in the President’s opinion, a material amount of staff time or funds or is disruptive.
For more information contact administration @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Friday, July 22, 2011.
- UUA Governance Manual
- 1.0 Ends
- 2.0 Executive Limits
- 3.0 Governance Process
- 4.0 Board-President Linkage
- 5.0 Committee Limitations
- How the Board Uses Policy Governance
- Monitoring Reports
- Board Actions
- General Assembly
- District Presidents
- GA Presentations
- Leadership Council