4.2 Accountability of the President: UUA Governance Manual
The President is the Board’s only link to operational achievement and conduct, so that all authority and accountability of staff, as far as the Board is concerned, is considered the authority and accountability of the President.
- The Board will never give instructions to persons who report directly or indirectly to the President.
- The Board will not evaluate, either formally or informally, any staff other than the President.
- The Board will view President performance as identical to organizational performance, so that organizational accomplishment of Board stated Ends and avoidance of Board proscribed means will be viewed as successful President performance.
For more information contact administration @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Friday, July 22, 2011.
- UUA Governance Manual
- 1.0 Ends
- 2.0 Executive Limits
- 3.0 Governance Process
- 4.0 Board-President Linkage
- 5.0 Committee Limitations
- How the Board Uses Policy Governance
- Monitoring Reports
- Board Actions
- General Assembly
- District Presidents
- GA Presentations
- Leadership Council