District Growth and Extension Committees
Growth and Extension Committees are found in almost all of our districts and have been are a primary resource for many smaller congregations. In some areas the G&E Committee helps identify “growing edge potential” and may support the planting of new congregations. In many districts the Chalice Lighter fundraising program is part of the G&E Committee’s work. Other ways that G&E Committees work in districts around our Association include the following:
- Use the district extension committee as an information center to coordinate ministers without parishes with congregations that are looking for a minister.
- Encourage annual all day or weekend Growth Workshops for the district's congregations.
- Utilize growth-trained individuals to form lay growth consultant teams.
- Seek out grants for such items as joint advertising programs, bringing in outside speaker or funding scholarships for district leaders to attend growth workshops outside the district.
- Utilize cluster meetings and where the district is large enough, area councils to improve communications and to solve some of the problems of large geographic distances.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Tuesday, August 2, 2011.
- DPA Handbook
- All About Districts
- Forms/ Guidelines
- Reports and Minutes