District Religious Education
- District RE Committee maintains a library of RE curricula; puts on conferences for teacher training, curricula, theology, provides consultant services to member congregations: and is involved in the Renaissance Modules offered by the UUA lay Leadership Training Program.
- District encouragement for the development of a strong District RE team with monthly meetings for sharing and support. The RE Committee may develop a RE consulting program for small congregations that need help in developing RE programming.
- District support of teacher training programs with money, personnel and advertising.
- Programs and resources in RE made available through the district Program Consultant in RE.
- Utilization of grants to bring in recognized RE experts.
- Develop methods of interaction with Unitarian Universalist Young Adult Network (UUYAN) and Young Religious Unitarian Universalists (YRUU).
- Hold RE workshops in the district every year on various topics
- Introduce new curricula via district RE Workshops as well as by mailings to congregations and DRE's
- Lend RE curricula to congregations that can not afford to purchase them.
- Conduct a survey of the district to determine its RE needs.
For more information contact distservices @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Tuesday, August 2, 2011.
- DPA Handbook
- All About Districts
- Forms/ Guidelines
- Reports and Minutes