You Are Here
District Board Responsibilities
The District Board is the basic organization charged with carrying out district responsibilities:
- Writes and monitors policies for the district.
- Determines the effectiveness of the district.
- Sets program priorities and insures that they are carried out.
- Solicits ideas, concerns and information from district congregations and leaders and plans how to process that information.
- Responsible for oversight of the finances of the district.
- Determines desired services and monitors the timely delivery of services.
- Supports the member congregations in the advancements of the Unitarian Universalist movement.
- Serves as a resource for local congregations.
- Holds regular meetings to conduct its business.
- Periodically reviews the district's bylaws.
- Evaluates the district's and Unitarian Universalist Association's/district's staff.