What is the Nominating Committee Looking For?
The Nominating Committee is particularly interested in identifying qualified candidates who also have connections to, and understanding of, ethnic communities other than those of European descent, youth and young adults, and people with disabilities. The committee does not believe that one must personally be a member of a particular group in order to have developed such cultural competencies. Work and volunteer experience, marriage, travel, and study are examples of avenues through which people can develop cultural competencies and sensitivities outside of their own ethnic, age or cultural community.
The Nominating Committee also strives to create working groups that include the participation of both women and men, and which represent people from a variety of geographies, and sexual orientations.
Those seeking our nomination should already have demonstrated their leadership skills in their local congregation, district, UUA, theological school, and/or other affiliated UU organization.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Friday, July 22, 2011.
- Appointments Committee
- Board of Review
- Commission on Appraisal
- Commission on Social Witness
- Congregational Properties/Loan
- Cross-Cultural Engagement
- Election Campaign Practices
- Fund for a Just Society
- Fund for International UUism
- Fund for UUism
- Fund for UU Social Responsibility
- GA Planning
- Health Plan
- Journey Toward Wholeness Transformation
- Melcher Book Award
- Ministerial Fellowship
- Music Leadership Credentialing Committee
- Off-site GA
- Open UUA
- Presidential Search Committee
- Theological Education
- Retirement Plan
- Regional Sub-Committees on Candidacy
- RE Credentialing
- Socially Responsible Investing
- Youth Ministry Advisory Committee