Journey Toward Wholeness Transformation Committee Covenant
We, the members of the Journey Toward Wholeness Transformation Committee, enter into the spiritual work of anti-racism, anti-oppression, and multiculturalism grounded in the principles and values of our Unitarian Universalist faith, and covenant to:
- recognize we are each and collectively "works in progress," and that there is no one "right answer";
- speak our truth in constructive and civil ways;
- enter the work in a spirit of humility and forgiveness and a willingness to make and accept mistakes;
- recognize and affirm that we learn, process, and articulate in unique communication styles, considering how our communication style affects others
- promote dialogue by listening to understand with an open heart and mind;
- when possible, speak directly with persons with whom we have a concern or question, and if not able to do so, speak with one of the right relationship persons;
- clearly state our needs for a response, input, assistance, clarification, break, and support to each other as soon as possible;
- respond, give input, assist, clarify, offer a break or give support;
- continue to learn more about the diverse perspectives of those who experience discrimination in our community;
- assume the best of intentions from all committee members as we share in this work together;
- commit to sharing responsibilities, attending meetings, honoring deadlines, and communicating/negotiating changes to the best of our ability;
- model anti-oppressive behavior by participating in succinct and timely process observations;
- maintain confidentiality—on developing reports, processing discussions and researching results;
- recognize that the work we do together is sometimes difficult, and that our overall goal is to stay "at the table" together;
- share equally proactive responsibility for the quality of the work and the quality of the relationships; and
- acknowledge that this is a living document, reflecting our evolution and changes as a committee.
We recognize, affirm and honor the privilege of serving the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations as members of the Journey Toward Wholeness Transformation Committee.
Last revised May 2012.
For more information contact email@example.com.