Live your Unitarian Universalist values out loud. Make your year-end gift today!

Search Our Site

Page Navigation

Section Banner

UUA Board of Trustees Candidate Biographies for 2014

The following list of biographies are for candidates who are running for election or re-election for the Unitarian Universalist Association (UU) Board of Trustees. Elections will be held at the June 2014 General Assembly in Providence, Rhode Island.

Larry Ladd

As an active UU volunteer, I assess everything we do by asking, “will it deepen our faith?” and “will it grow our faith?”  I am a privileged and imperfect anti-racist.  I have served as Financial Advisor since 2013 and from 1997 to 2005. Between my terms as Financial Advisor I served as board chair of the Meadville Lombard Theological School and chair of the UUA Nominating Committee.  Professionally, I work as director of the higher education practice of Grant Thornton LLP, having served previously as Director of Budget & Financial Planning at Harvard University, COO/CFO of the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Dean of Administration at Tufts University, and Assistant to the President of Duke University.  

Andy Burnette

It is an honor to be a candidate for election to the UUA Board of Trustees. I look forward to serving the association, service I see as an extension of my work as Senior Minister at Valley Unitarian Universalist Congregation in Chandler, Arizona. The combination of my experience as a parish minister in another faith tradition and my service in Unitarian Universalism leads me to believe Unitarian Universalism has an important voice in the wider faith community and in the world at large. I am eager to work with you to honor the heritage of our free faith as we live into a future full of potential.

Christina Rivera 

What I bring to the Trustee position is, first and foremost, grounding in our faith as Unitarian Universalists. As the Director of Religious Education at the UU Fellowship of Waynesboro, Virginia, one of my goals is to help our children learn to be loud and proud about their UU faith. Our faith has the power to help transform our world but only as much as we are willing to get comfortable with being uncomfortable with each other and tackling the really deep discussions of faith, social action and mutual accountability that are necessary to engender that change. I believe that as Unitarian Universalists we are capable of “being the change we want to see in the world.” ¡Sí se puede!

Susan Weaver

As a lay leader, I cannot help but smile to think of friends and ministers from whom Ihave learned this past decade, at First UU Church of San Diego and throughout California. I shall never know all the kindnesses I have received.

I am ever inspired by our congregations—the strength of our voices together in the public square, the promise of new ways our ministries may serve, and how in congregations we care for each other in our uncertain lives. I look forward to serving the Association with my creative and dedicated colleagues.

Rob Eller-Isaacs

For more than forty years service to our Association has been central to my ministry. The congregations I have served have seen that work as an expression of their work and have always encouraged my involvement. I am grateful to the staff and congregation of Unity Church-Unitarian in Saint Paul who have urged me to accept this nomination. I pledge to bring my years of experience to bear both as a responsible critic and an enthusiastic advocate for our Association. I will do my utmost to see Unitarian Universalism live into its promise.

For more information contact administration@uua.org.

This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.

Last updated on Tuesday, June 3, 2014.

Sidebar Content, Page Navigation

Updated and Popular

Recently Updated

For Newcomers

Learn more about the Beliefs & Principles of Unitarian Universalism, or read our online magazine, UU World, for features on today's Unitarian Universalists. Visit an online UU church, or find a congregation near you.

Page Navigation