- Their participation in matters of direct concern to them;
- Protection of their property;
- Preservation of historical identity and culture of these peoples;
- Assistance to those Indians who desire to relocate off the reservation;
- Coordination of programs among federal, state, and local agencies to fulfill the nation's moral and legal obligations to the American Indian, the Eskimos, and Aleut.
The American Indian
1967 General Resolution
BE IT RESOLVED: That the Unitarian Universalist Association urge the Congress to develop and adopt a new comprehensive national policy for the American Indians including the Eskimos and Aleut. This policy should be based on:
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, August 24, 2011.