How do I submit my proposed Congregational Study/Action Issue?
A Congregational Study/Action Issue (CSAI) proposal consists of (a) the text of the proposed CSAI and (b) a completed certification form (PDF). See the full CSAI proposer's guide for details on the process.
(a) Text of proposed CSAI.
- Text must be no more than 500 words.
- See current CSAIs for examples.
(b) Certification form (PDF). Information needed for the form:
- Congregation name and location. Pursuant to the UUA bylaws, a congregation may submit a CSAI proposal only with the support of its membership or its board shown by a vote taken at a duly called meeting at which a quorum is present.
- Name and contact information of the certifying officer or minister (such information is considered an electronic signature of approval).
- The name and contact information of a person the Commission on Social Witness can contact if questions arise.
- The name and contact information of a person who will speak as an advocate for the proposed CSAI at the following General Assembly. (The same person may serve as contact and speaker/advocate.)
Submit your proposal by October 1 of the year for which proposals are invited. Submissions may be made by:
- Email (preferred): socialwitness [at] uua [dot] org
- Fax: (617) 948–6469
- Mail: CSW, c/o Multicultural Growth & Witness, UUA, 24 Farnsworth Street, Boston MA 02210
What happens between submission and General Assembly?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.