How do I submit my proposed Congregational Study/Action Issue (CSAI)?
- Use the Worksheet for Congregational Study/Action Issue Proposals (PDF, 1 page) to preview what to prepare for submission. Submit proposals online via the Congregational Study/Action Issue Proposal (CSAI) Form. This form is available from the Commission on Social Witness webpage early in each CSAI proposal year (within a month of GA).
- The form requires the name, phone number, and e-mail of the certifying officer or minister (such information is considered an electronic signature of approval). Pursuant to the UUA bylaws, a congregation or district may submit a proposed CSAI only with the support of its membership or its board shown by a vote taken at a duly called meeting at which a quorum is present.
The form also requires:
- The name and contact information of a person the Commission on Social Witness (CSW) could contact if questions arise.
- The name and contact information of a person who will speak as an advocate for the proposed CSAI at the following General Assembly. (The same person may serve as contact and speaker/advocate.)
- The name of the congregation’s or district’s certifying officer or minister.
- Preview the items needed by downloading the Worksheet for Congregational Study/Action Issue Proposals (PDF, 1 page).
- Submit your proposal by October 1 of the year for which proposals are invited (2015, 2017, 2019, etc.).
What happens between submission and General Assembly?
For more information contact email@example.com.