Why propose a Congregational Study/Action Issue?
To put our Unitarian Universalist Principles into practice:
- by alerting us to important social justice issues in alignment with our principles so that we may practice them in the world
- by educating us on those issues
- by creating and identifying opportunities for us to act on those issues
- by articulating a faith perspective on those issues
- by achieving a strong majority of congregations agreeing on that position
- by calling on congregations and Unitarian Universalist Association staff to implement our shared position articulated in a Statement of Conscience.
Who may propose a Congregational Study/Action Issue?