What kind of issue is appropriate for an Action of Immediate Witness (AIW)?
- An issue that requires immediate action for our witness to make an impact
- An issue that is specific and that is too narrow to merit three years of study and action that define the Congregational Study/Action Issue process
- An issue that does not duplicate a recent AIW
- An issue that is grounded in our Unitarian Universalist theology and practice
- An issue that fits with our member congregations’ capacity to take meaningful action
- An issue that presents opportunity for our member congregations to become respected participants in public dialogue
- An issue that is crafted in civil language
For additional help as you proceed, please contact the Commission on Social Witness at socialwitness [at] uua [dot] org. Through our social witness process, we work together so that the moral arc of the universe bends ever more closely toward justice.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.