You Are Here
Congregational Study/Action Issues
We are stronger together. Our combined efforts to make the world more fair and humane can accomplish more than any one of us working alone. As Unitarian Universalists, we set priorities for our social justice efforts by investing in key issues that exemplify our commitments to justice, equity and compassion. Learn more about the social witness statement process.
Congregational Poll and Congregational Comments
Vote on the following Congregational Study/Action Issues (CSAIs) your congregation thinks should be added to the 2016 General Assembly agenda for four years of study, reflection, and action. Twenty-five percent of all certified congregations must participate and a majority of those must vote in favor for the CSAIs to be included in the agenda.
Voting 'Yes' means your congregation wants the CSAI to be added to the 2016 General Assembly Agenda. Voting 'No" means your congregation does NOT want the CSAI to be added to the 2016 General Assembly Agenda. 'Abstain' means your congregation is being present only to contribute to the quorum. Congregatoins who do not want to participate in the Congregational Poll can 'Opt Out'.
Log in to vote in the congregational poll. (Requires Congregational Log-In Info; speak to your minister or congregational admin. CSW cannot provide log in information.) Deadline to vote in the congregational poll is 5 PM Pacific, February 1, 2016.
Proposed Congregational Study/Action Issues (CSAIs)
- A National Conversation On Race
- Climate Change and Environmental Justice
- The Corruption of Our Democracy
- Ending Gun Violence in America
Congregations may submit comments on the current Congregational Study/Action Issue (CSAI) Escalating Inequality. Deadline to submit comments is 5 PM Pacific, March 1, 2016.
- See our Guide for Gathering Congregational Comments
- See our Worksheet for Comments for CSAI Escalating Inequality (Word)
- Submit comments for CSAI Escalating Inequality. (Note: Only one collected submission per congregation or district permitted. If more than one is submitted, the first one received will be used.)
Congregational Study/Action Issues (CSAIs) are issues selected by Unitarian Universalist member congregations for four years of study, reflection and action.
- 2014-2018 CSAI: Escalating Inequality
- 2012-2016 CSAI: Reproductive Justice: Expanding Our Social Justice Calling
- At the 2015 General Assembly, delegates adopted a Statement of Conscience (SOC) on Reproductive Justice.
Recent Past CSAIs
- 2010-2014 CSAI, now 2013 SOC: Immigration as a Moral Issue
- 2008-2012 CSAI, now 2011 SOC: Ethical Eating
- 2006-2010 CSAI, now 2010 SOC: Creating Peace