Black Affairs Council
1968 Business Resolution
BE IT RESOLVED:
- That the Unitarian Universalist Association Board of Trustees and Administration recognize and finance a Black Affairs Council which will serve to suggest and implement programs to improve the conditions of black Unitarian Universalists and black people in America.
- That the Black Affairs Council be accorded associate or affiliate membership status with the Association, similar to that now maintained by the Unitarian Universalist Women's Federation, the Laymen's League (Unitarian Universalist), and the Unitarian Universalist Service Committee, Inc.;
- That the Unitarian Universalist Association contribute annually for four
years, for the support of the Black Affairs Council, a total of $250,000. This
annual contribution should be made in the following manner:
- $150,000 should be contributed to the Black Affairs Council no later than July 1, 1968;
- the remaining $100,000 will be raised by the Unitarian Universalist Association with the cooperation of the Black Unitarian Universalist Caucus during the eight-month period beginning July 1, 1968. In the event that the fund-raising effort is unsatisfactory, the Unitarian Universalist Association would make up the deficit. This process will be continued throughout the four-year period beginning July 1, 1968.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.