Social Justice/ Social Action: Assessing Sexual Health
Building Block #9
The Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) has been a leader in promoting sexual justice. Individual congregations have an important role to play in advocating for sexual and spiritual wholeness in the larger society. The Religious Declaration on Sexual Morality, Justice, and Healing calls on faith communities to advocate for sexuality education in schools, work for access to sexual and reproductive health services, and promote full inclusion for women and lesbian,, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) persons.
To be completed by:
- Congregation Minister(s)
- Director of Religious Education
- Youth Minister/Director
- Social Justice Director/Coordinator
- Social Justice Chair/Committee
Social Justice/ Social Action: Assessment Checklist
For More Assistance
For more information contact safecongregations @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, May 23, 2012.
- Keeping Children Safe
- Professional Misconduct
- Safe Congregation Handbook
- Responsible Staffing
- Crisis Planning
- Trauma Response
- Building Security
- Conflict Management
- Covenant of Right Relations
- Ethics in Congregational Life Program
- Sexually Healthy Faith Communities
- Assessing Sexual Health Guide
- Sexually Healthy Faith Communities Workshop
- Disruptive Behavior Policies
- Resources and Reports
- Beyond the UUA
- Closing Words