Safe Congregations: Assessing Sexual Health
Building Block #8
Although the latest version of the Safe Congregation's Handbook was published in 2005, seven in ten Unitarian Universalist (UU) congregations do not have safe congregations committees in place and one third do not have any written policies in this area. A sexually healthy and responsible congregation is free from sexual abuse, sexual harassment, and misconduct. There is much work for congregations to do in this area.
To be completed by:
- Congregation Minister(s)
- Director of Religious Education
- Youth Minister/Director
- Safe Congregations Committee Chair/Members
Safe Congregations: Assessment Checklist
For More Assistance
For more information contact safecongregations @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, May 23, 2012.
- Keeping Children Safe
- Professional Misconduct
- Safe Congregation Handbook
- Responsible Staffing
- Crisis Planning
- Trauma Response
- Building Security
- Conflict Management
- Covenant of Right Relations
- Ethics in Congregational Life Program
- Sexually Healthy Faith Communities
- Assessing Sexual Health Guide
- Sexually Healthy Faith Communities Workshop
- Disruptive Behavior Policies
- Resources and Reports
- Beyond the UUA
- Closing Words