Sexuality Education for Children and Youth: Assessing Sexual Health
Building Block #5
The Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) and United Church of Christ (UCC) Our Whole Lives (OWL) program is the most comprehensive lifespan sexuality education curricula currently available. More than two thirds of UU congregations teach OWL at the middle and/or high school level, but many have not fully implemented the program. Further, support for OWL educators is often limited, and sexuality education often only includes OWL and misses other opportunities for educating children and youth about our values about sexuality.
To be completed by:
- Director of Religious Education
- Youth Minister/Director
- Chair(s), Religious Education Committee
Sexuality Education for Children and Youth: Assessment Checklist
- A Time to Speak: Faith Communities and Sexuality Education, Third Edition, Religious Institute, 2011
- Our Whole Lives is a series of sexuality education curricula for six age groups: grades K-1, grades 4-6, grades 7-9, grades 10-12, young adults (ages 18-35), and adults.
For More Assistance
- Contact Melanie Davis
Our Whole Lives Program Associate
Ministries and Faith Development
owl [at] uua [dot] org
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists
- Advocates for Youth
- Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States (SIECUS)
- Sex, Etc.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.