Unitarian Universalist Policy on Sexuality Education
The Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) has passed many resolutions and statements that generally support the education and well-being of youth and young adults, full acceptance of bisexual, gay, lesbian, and transgender (BGLT) people in our community, and affirm a woman's right to make informed decisions about her body. All of these issues and more are discussed in comprehensive sexuality education.
Below are the General Resolutions and Actions of Immediate Witness which directly pertain to comprehensive sexuality education.
- Support Comprehensive Sexuality Education Legislation (2007 Action of Immediate Witness)
- No Tax Dollars for Faith-Based Initiatives (2001 Action of Immediate Witness)
- Challenging the Radical Right (1996 General Resolution)
- Sexuality Education in Public Schools (1994 Resolution of Immediate of Witness)
- Youth in Crisis (1990 General Resolution)
- Materials on Sexual Abuse (1985 Business Resolution)
- Alternatives in Education (1971 General Resolution)
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.