Voting Process for Youth Observer to the UUA Board of Trustees
The voting process for the election of the 2014-2015 Youth Observer to the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Board of Trustees is based on the process used to determine the number of congregational delegates at General Assembly.
A one-page information sheet (PDF) of the following information is also available for download.
Voting youth must be active in their religious community. “Active” may be defined as regular participation, registration in the religious education program, or congregational membership. Each congregation determines what "active" means for their community.
Each congregation receives one vote for every 5 youth participants, with a maximum of 6 votes per congregation.
Voting will open on *UPDATE* WEDNESDAY, MAY 7th, when candidates information is updated for the 2014-2015 election. When it becomes available, review the Youth Observer Candidates information (you may also print out a hard copy (PDF)), watch the candidates' videos, and discuss the candidates as a group. Use whatever decision making process works for the youth in your congregation to make your voting choice. Each congregation may split their total allotted votes among different candidates on their ballot, and the congregation submits their ballot as a group. You have the choice to submit via an online ballot or a printed ballot.
Complete the online ballot per the directions listed on the ballot, using the Voting Formula and Voting Process above.
- Print out the paper Youth Observer Voting Ballot (PDF)). If you have more than 20 youth participating in this voting process, you will need to print out more than one ballot, but do not exceed your total allotted votes among all your ballots.
- Have each youth print and sign their name on one of the lines on your congregation's Voting Ballot. Check the box(es) next to the candidates indicating your voting intention. Each box indicates one vote (per the Voting Formula above). You may split your total allotted votes among different candidates.
- A minister, religious educator, or congregational president must sign the completed ballot for voting verification.
- Submit completed Voting Ballots TO BE RECEIVED BY MONDAY, JUNE 2nd at midnight (in your time zone) in one of the following ways:
- Mail to: UUA Office of Youth & Young Adult Ministries, 24 Farnsworth Street, Boston, MA 02210-1409;
- Scan and email to: youth [at] uua [dot] org; or,
- Fax to: 888-972-9686.
Ballots must be received by MONDAY, JUNE 2, 2014, at midnight (in your time zone) or postmarked by Friday, May 30th. The individual listed as the contact on your Voting Ballot will receive confirmation of the receipt of your Voting Ballot. If that individual does not receive confirmation, or for any questions, contact the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministries at youth [at] uua [dot] org or (617) 948-4350 to ensure that your Voting Ballot is received and counted.
For more information contact email@example.com.