Workshop: Introduction to Ethnic Identity Formation for Youth of Color
This one-hour workshop provides an animated video and guidance for follow-up discussion. The "How to Use This Workshop" section of the Discussion Guide describes settings, participants, and facilitators suitable for this workshop. Rev. Dr. Monica L. Cummings, yayaofcolor [at] uua [dot] org, Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Program Associate for Ministry to Youth and Young Adults of Color, created the animated video and discussion guide, and may be available to participate in a workshop via Skype or in person.
Preview and download the workshop materials:
- Download "Introduction to Ethnic Identity Formation for Youth of Color" (MP4) (right-click to save the file).
- Discussion Guide (PDF)
- Handout 1: Definitions (PDF)
- Handout 2: Four Stages of Identity Formation (PDF)
- Handout 3: Cummings Identity Map and Worksheet (PDF)
- Handout 4: Responsive Reading (PDF)