Summer Leadership Schools for Youth
Typically longer than a con (conference), leadership schools give participants a change to dig deeper into leadership development topics, among others. Several different types of leadership schools happen across the country. Some are youth only, while others are combined. Some are small with twenty participants, while others have many more.
As dates and information are posted about leadership schools, we will add them here.
- Goldmine: Held in Newport News, VA. June 30 - July 6, 2013. The registration deadline is May 19. 2013, though youth are encouraged to apply early.
- Goldmine: Held in Augusta, ME. July 14-20, 2013. Applicants from Northern New England are given preference, but all youth are invited to apply and attend. Applications are due May 24, 2013.
- Goldmine: Held in the Pacific Northwest District and open to youth from the Pacific Western Region. July 21-27, 2013. Applications details to follow.
- Goldmine East: Hosted by the CERG region in Canandaigua, NY. July 31 - August 3, 2013. Early bird registration ends May 15.
- Goldmine West: Hosted by the CERG region in Stony Point, NY. August 20-24, 2013. Applications details to come.
- UU Youth and Young Adults of Color Multicultural Leadership School: August 2-6, 2013. Applications are due May 15, 2013.
- Youth MidWest Leadership School will again be held in 2013 in the MidAmerica Region. Dates and information are forthcoming.
Here’s a sample of what’s been happening over the last few years.
- Midwest Youth Leadership School (YLS) happens every year in the MidAmerica Region, in tandem with their adult leadership school. The YLS website has videos from past years.
- The Metro New York District held a leadership schools in 2011 and 2012. You can view pictures on the school’s Facebook page.
- The Unitarian Universalist Association’s (UUA’s) Multicultural Leadership School for Youth and Young Adults of Color entered its third year in 2012.
- The Pacific Northwest District (PNWD) holds Goldmine annually. 2012 welcomed a class of 21 youth from the PNWD and Canada.
- Northern New England hosted a Goldmine in 2011. View the Goldmine 2011 video (YouTube) from that event.
For more information contact youth @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Monday, April 1, 2013.
- Youth (High School)
- Campus Ministry
- Young Adults (18-35)
- Religious Educators & Teachers
- Congregational Stories
- Tapestry of Faith Curricula
- Our Whole Lives Sexuality Education
- What's New