Activity 5: I Believe, I Feel, I Act
Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Participants' faith journals
- Pens or pencils
- Newsprint, markers and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Write "I Believe (world view), I Feel (loyalty of my heart), and I Act (way of life)" and the theme questions on newsprint.
Description of Activity
Explain that participants will now have the opportunity to reflect and write or draw on what they have learned and discussed in the workshop. The following is a framework for reflecting, but they are free to reflect in any way that is helpful.
Suggest they make three columns in their journals:
I BELIEVE I FEEL I ACT
(world view) (loyalty of my heart) (way of life)
Invite them to consider their faith in these terms.
An example might be:
1) I believe that Unitarian Universalism is a religious community that is tolerant and welcoming of diverse identities and theologies.
2) I feel welcome and able to be myself in most areas of my life.
3) I act by celebrating pluralism and trying to create safe spaces for others.
Explain that they can make as many statements as they have time for now and they can always continue during the reflection time in future workshops. Invite them to draw or represent their reflections visually, if they prefer.
Offer the following reflection questions related to the theme of the day: When was a time that you have helped to celebrate the diversity of yourself and/or your community? When was a time that you acted intolerant of someone else and/or some other community? Might you act differently today?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.