Activity 5: I Believe, I Feel, I Act
Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Participants' journals
- Pens or pencils
- Newsprint, markers and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Write I Believe (world view), I Feel (loyalty of my heart), and I Act (way of life) on newsprint and post.
- Write the theme questions on newsprint.
Description of Activity
Explain that participants now have the opportunity to reflect and write or draw on what they have learned and discussed in the workshop. The following is a framework for reflecting, but they are free to reflect in any way that is helpful for them.
Ask them to make three columns in their journals:
I BELIEVE I FEEL I ACT
(world view) (loyalty of my heart) (way of life)
Invite them to consider their faith in these terms.
An example might be:
1) I believe that everyone should be free.
2) I feel privileged to be part of a community that values freedom.
3) I act on my beliefs and feelings by working with others to bring about freedom for all.
Explain that they can make as many statements as they have time for now and they can always continue during the reflection time in future workshops. Invite them to draw or represent their reflections visually, if they prefer.
Also offer the following reflection questions related to the theme of the day:
How does Unitarian Universalism inform the way you view or experience freedom? How does Unitarian Universalism call you to work for the freedom of all? When you have joined with a Unitarian Universalist community to work towards freedom?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.