Find Out More, Workshop 7: Reason
In "A Place of Wholeness," a Tapestry of Faith program
- The website of the American Humanist Association has the text of the First, Second, and Third Humanist Manifestos.
- The UUA's Commission on Appraisal published a 2005 report called Engaging Our Theological Diversity, which explores the diversity of perspectives within our faith. It is a valuable resource for information on the prevalence of reason and its expressions within our denomination.
- You can read the text and watch a video of the 2009 Ware Lecture by Melissa Harris-Lacewell on the topic of Faith and Reason.
- The UUA published a pamphlet titled "Science and Religion: A Unitarian Universalist Perspective", which you can read online.
- The UUA published a pamphlet on Humanism titled "The Faith of a Unitarian Universalist Humanist" by Sarah Oelberg.
Murry, William R. Reason and Reverence: Religious Humanism for the 21st Century (Boston: Skinner House Books, 2006).
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- Workshop 9
- Workshop 10
- Workshop 11
- Workshop 12
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources