Opening (5 minutes), Workshop 7: Reason
In "A Place of Wholeness," a Tapestry of Faith program
Materials for Activity
- Focus table and cloth
- Chalice, candle, and matches
- Five smooth stones about the size of a fist
- Handout 1, Responsive Reading — Five Smooth Stones from Workshop 1 for all participants
Preparation for Activity
- Make or retrieve enough copies of Handout 1, Responsive Reading — Five Smooth Stones, for every participant.
- Set up your focus table with an attractive cloth, the chalice, and the five smooth stones.
Description of Activity
Distribute Handout 1, Responsive Reading — Five Smooth Stones from Workshop 1. Lead participants in the responsive reading or ask for a volunteer to lead. Encourage participants to take turns leading the responsive reading from workshop to workshop.
At the conclusion of the responsive reading, ask for a volunteer to light the chalice.
Including All Participants
Assist any youth that might need help with words in the responsive reading. Remember to allow participants to pass on reading aloud.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6
- Workshop 7
- Workshop 8
- Workshop 9
- Workshop 10
- Workshop 11
- Workshop 12
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources