Activity 5: I Believe, I Feel, I Act
Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Participants' journals
- Pens or pencils
- Newsprint, markers and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Write I Believe (world view), I Feel (loyalty of my heart), and I Act (way of life) on newsprint.
- Write the reflection questions on newsprint.
Description of Activity
Explain that participants will now have the opportunity to reflect and write or draw on what they have learned and discussed in the workshop. The following is a framework for reflecting, but they are free to reflect in any way that is helpful for them.
Ask them to make three columns in their journals:
I BELIEVE I FEEL I ACT
(world view) (loyalty of my heart) (way of life)
Invite them to consider their faith in these terms.
An example might be:
1) I believe that reason is one tool for faith development.
2) I feel confident in my faith perspectives when I use reason to reach them.
3) I act on my beliefs and feelings by questioning what I am told and using reason and experience to develop my own perspectives.
Explain that they can make as many statements as they have time for now and they can always continue during the reflection time in future workshops. Invite them to draw or represent their reflections visually, if they prefer.
Also offer the following reflection questions related to the theme of the day: What role does reason play in your day-to-day life? How might its role change after participating in this workshop?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.