Activity 5: I Believe, I Feel, I Act
Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Participants' journals
- Pens or pencils
- Newsprint, markers and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Write I Believe (world view), I Feel (loyalty of my heart), and I Act (way of life) on newsprint.
- Write the reflection question on newsprint.
Description of Activity
Explain that participants will now have the opportunity to reflect and write or draw on what they have learned and discussed in the workshop. The following is a framework for reflecting, but they are free to reflect in any way that is helpful for them.
Ask them to make three columns in their journals:
I BELIEVE I FEEL I ACT
(world view) (loyalty of my heart) (way of life)
Invite them to consider how love affects their faith in these terms.
An example might be:
1) I believe that love is an important part of my faith.
2) I feel the need to express my love through action.
3) I act out of love by helping collect food for the hungry.
Explain that they can make as many statements as they have time for now and they can always continue during the reflection time in future workshops. Invite them to draw or represent their reflections visually if they prefer.
Offer the following reflection question related to the theme of the day: What does love cause me to do in the world?
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.