Activity 5: I Believe, I Feel, I Act
Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Participants' journals
- Pens or pencils
- Newsprint, markers and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Use markers to write I Believe (world view), I Feel (loyalty of my heart), and I Act (way of life) on newsprint.
- Write the reflection questions on newsprint.
Description of Activity
Explain that this is an opportunity to reflect and write or draw on what they have learned and discussed in the workshop. The following is a framework for reflecting, but participants are free to reflect in any way that is helpful for them.
Ask them to make three columns in their journals:
I BELIEVE I FEEL I ACT
(world view) (loyalty of my heart) (way of life)
Invite them to consider their faith in these terms.
An example might be:
1) I believe that my familial and spiritual ancestors are present with me today.
2) I feel honored and privileged to have deep roots and also the freedom to explore and develop my faith.
3) I act on my beliefs and feelings by offering my own gifts to Unitarian Universalism so that I may become an ancestor.
Explain that they can make as many statements as they have time for now and they can always continue during the reflection time in future workshops. Invite them to draw or represent their reflections visually, if they prefer.
Offer the following reflection questions related to the theme of the day: What kind of Unitarian Universalist ancestor will you be? What will be your legacy?
For more information contact email@example.com.