You Are Here
Activity 4: I Believe, I Feel, I Act
Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Participants' journals
- Pens or pencils
- Newsprint, markers and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Write I Believe (world view), I Feel (loyalty of my heart), and I Act (way of life) on newsprint.
- Write the reflection questions on newsprint and post.
Description of Activity
Explain that participants will now have the opportunity to reflect on, then write or draw in response to what they have experienced and discussed in the workshop. The following is a framework for reflecting, but they are free to reflect in any way that is helpful for them.
Ask them to make three columns in their journals:
I BELIEVE I FEEL I ACT
(world view) (loyalty of my heart) (way of life)
Invite them to consider their faith journey up to this point in time in these terms.
An example might be:
1) I believe that my faith is an ever-changing journey.
2) I feel challenged by my faith community.
3) I act by sharing my journey with others.
Explain that they can make as many statements as they have time for now and they can always continue during the reflection time in future workshops. Invite them to draw or represent their reflections visually if they prefer.
Offer the following reflection questions related to the theme of the day: What stage of faith development am I at right now? Where do I hope to be in ten years?